You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macos monterey title bar white

I just upgraded to Monterey, and the biggest UI change (at least to me) that I see is that all of the window title bars are stark-raving white when the window is in the foreground. Not talking about the menu bar here; it's the title bar that every Finder window and application has.

Yes, I have "reduce transparency" checked on the Accessibility preference pane, but while this makes a huge difference in the menu bar, with respect to the window title bars, having it checked makes the title bar ghost white, whereas not having it checked makes it vveeerrrryyyy slightly grey, but basically still white.

Is there a way to have the title bar be, say, the same color as the menu bar? Or is there some global setting for what color title bars should be when in the foreground and when in the background?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 24, 2022 6:42 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

macos monterey title bar white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.