You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shuffle playlist

Hi,

I have this old iPod shuffle 3rd generation and I wanted to use it again for gym sessions since I don't want to carry my phone with me. The iPod still works with the old earphones (new ones cannot skip the music etc.) But I want to see the playlist and perhaps put on some new music on it. Only, back in the days I used iTunes and I cannot use it on my Mac. How can I see the playlist? And put some new music on it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jun 5, 2022 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2022 9:07 AM

Greetings, Renganis.

Do you have access to a PC? If so, check out:

"Add items to your device manually

You can add music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts to your device manually. You can’t add photos, contacts, or other info manually.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync iTunes content on PC with devices on Wi-Fi.
  3. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose an option (Music or Movies, for example) from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
  4. The Library button in the navigation bar.
  5. In your iTunes library, click Downloaded in the sidebar on the left.
  6. Note: You can only add items you downloaded to a device.
  7. Right-click an item, choose Add to Device, then choose your device. 

To remove an item that was added manually, click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, then click Delete." Sync iTunes content on PC with your devices - Apple Support

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 6, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Renganis Ageng

Greetings, Renganis.

Do you have access to a PC? If so, check out:

"Add items to your device manually

You can add music, movies, TV shows, and podcasts to your device manually. You can’t add photos, contacts, or other info manually.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or a Wi-Fi connection. To turn on Wi-Fi syncing, see Sync iTunes content on PC with devices on Wi-Fi.
  3. In the iTunes app  on your PC, choose an option (Music or Movies, for example) from the pop-up menu at the top left, then click Library.
  4. The Library button in the navigation bar.
  5. In your iTunes library, click Downloaded in the sidebar on the left.
  6. Note: You can only add items you downloaded to a device.
  7. Right-click an item, choose Add to Device, then choose your device. 

To remove an item that was added manually, click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, then click Delete." Sync iTunes content on PC with your devices - Apple Support

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

iPod shuffle playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.