You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect 'unknown part' message.

I had a Incorrect 'unknown part' message come up about my camera, but there have been nothing done to the camera, what do I do?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Good the issue was resolved via a visit to the Apple Genius Bar.

Hardware issues are difficult to determine and especially on these Forums

In perspective, we are all working Remotely from all around the world.

Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this iPhone

You are welcome for what assistance that could be offered under these circumstances.

Do come back to the Apple Support Communities ( ASC )  in the future, if / or when additional questions may arise.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2022 3:52 PM in response to edwardfrombasingstoke

Good the issue was resolved via a visit to the Apple Genius Bar.

Hardware issues are difficult to determine and especially on these Forums

In perspective, we are all working Remotely from all around the world.

Therefore, we do not have the On-Hands experience the User ( you ) has with this iPhone

You are welcome for what assistance that could be offered under these circumstances.

Do come back to the Apple Support Communities ( ASC )  in the future, if / or when additional questions may arise.

Jun 12, 2022 2:13 PM in response to PRP_53

Hi, thanks for this. This is actually just the same info as you get when you click through the link when the error message occurs. I took my phone to Apple today and there seemed to be an issue with the phone. They confirmed it was genuine parts (so the error message was wrong) and they changed the camera module free of charge under law due to the age of the phone (12 pro purchased through apple in Feb 2021). It was a strange thing to see and it only occurred when this new software was introduced, but was a hardware issue. I’m pleased I got it sorted, but no help online, had to visit the store.

Incorrect 'unknown part' message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.