You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help I don’t know what to do

Hi so I just transferred all my data from one Mac to another and all was great until I saw the update to macOS Monterey (it had Big Sur before) and when I installed it, it just ruined everything, now when I turn on or restart the Mac it first appears my old user account (the one I want) but then it switches to another user account I didn’t make and the problem is it shows all settings as if it was brand new but I want my old settings back, what can I do?? It’s like it mixed up the softwares and user accounts I don’t know help :(

Also when it asks permission to unlock the disk it requests my old user account and password not the new one, so I know there is still in a place my old account settings.

MacBook, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2022 5:38 AM

Hi!

You can dig into –> System Preferences –> Users & Groups –> check whether you can see your accounts

If you can see more than one, click on Login Options below and check Automatic login.

If it's greyed out but you have more than one account, then check FileVault settings (–> System Preferences –> Security & Privacy) you'd need to reenable it with adding your another account as a trusted one

Or you can switch between them by logging out from that that is current one

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2022 5:38 AM in response to mam_2603

Hi!

You can dig into –> System Preferences –> Users & Groups –> check whether you can see your accounts

If you can see more than one, click on Login Options below and check Automatic login.

If it's greyed out but you have more than one account, then check FileVault settings (–> System Preferences –> Security & Privacy) you'd need to reenable it with adding your another account as a trusted one

Or you can switch between them by logging out from that that is current one

Help I don’t know what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.