You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good Day,

kindly help me , am not able to compress my folders it gives an error message "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application".

Please help me out.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 5:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 2:06 PM

Is the User referring to these folder on the Desktop >> Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support which are associate with iCloud ?

You do understand - the Folders in this setup are actually residing in the iCloud Drive.

Performing this action of Compressing will negate other Devices you own from possibly accessing and using the documents contain within those folders.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2022 2:06 PM in response to salamyoo

Is the User referring to these folder on the Desktop >> Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support which are associate with iCloud ?

You do understand - the Folders in this setup are actually residing in the iCloud Drive.

Performing this action of Compressing will negate other Devices you own from possibly accessing and using the documents contain within those folders.

Good Day,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.