You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air does not recognise my password

Hi,

I have a brand new MacBook Air purchased in April of 2022. It is with the M1 chip. But anywho - There is a new software update of the MAC and the computer asked me to restart the MAC so that the update can be installed ( I always install my updates on time). After I click restart, the System asks me to enter my password. I do enter my password but my MAC does not accept it. I am 100% certain I entered the password correctly. I even typed it on my Notepad to see if I type it correctly. I do type it correct. I thought of simply restarting the Computer but then I stopped because I fear when I have to enter my password it will not accept it again and I will be locked out of my MAC. What can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks,

Branimir

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 4:08 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

You need to treat this as if you forget the password.

1 reply

MacBook Air does not recognise my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.