You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I need to connect a thunderbolt to my monitor using hdmi

I have a macbook air 2017 with a thunderbolt 2 port and would like to connect it to my Phillips 241B monitor. What cable(s) do I need to do this? I have read that I can use a mini display port to HDMI but I thought that HDMI and thunderbolt 2 were different, although they are the same shape.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 12:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2022 9:23 PM

amiltastephen Said:

"What do I need to connect a thunderbolt to my monitor using hdmi: I have a macbook air 2017 with a thunderbolt 2 port and would like to connect it to my Phillips 241B monitor. What cable(s) do I need to do this? I have read that I can use a mini display port to HDMI but I thought that HDMI and thunderbolt 2 were different, although they are the same shape."

-------

Why the Name Difference:

That's just the name Apple decided to use, on their part. All is fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2022 9:23 PM in response to amiltastephen

amiltastephen Said:

"What do I need to connect a thunderbolt to my monitor using hdmi: I have a macbook air 2017 with a thunderbolt 2 port and would like to connect it to my Phillips 241B monitor. What cable(s) do I need to do this? I have read that I can use a mini display port to HDMI but I thought that HDMI and thunderbolt 2 were different, although they are the same shape."

-------

Why the Name Difference:

That's just the name Apple decided to use, on their part. All is fine.

What do I need to connect a thunderbolt to my monitor using hdmi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.