You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login screen all black not wallpaper

Hi there,

I have an issue where the login screen on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019, running Monterey, displays a black wallpaper, instead of the default background.

The issue started after I had to run the password recovery tool,. Prior to that it would display the default background.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 9:07 AM

aissa145 wrote:

Hi there,

I have an issue where the login screen on my MacBook Pro 16" 2019, running Monterey, displays a black wallpaper, instead of the default background.

The issue started after I had to run the password recovery tool,. Prior to that it would display the default background.

Any suggestions?

not sure what is a "password recovery tool"...

I would try a Safeboot to clear system cache files etc...and compare your results

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and test, reboot a normal and test.

If no insight or resolve—Look at your >System Preferences>Desktop & Background and make some changes...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2022 9:07 AM in response to aissa145

aissa145 wrote:

Hi there,

Any suggestions?

not sure what is a "password recovery tool"...

I would try a Safeboot to clear system cache files etc...and compare your results

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and test, reboot a normal and test.

If no insight or resolve—Look at your >System Preferences>Desktop & Background and make some changes...

login screen all black not wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.