You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone experienced a slow/lagging at the password login stage? It takes about 6 seconds and shows the loading bar when it should be instant (from experience with desktop and my friends comparison). The screen also seems to change brightness for a second.

It’s brand new with nothing on it yet so it’s not a storage issue. Just updated it so it’s not an update issue. Support also advised restarting in safe mode and it didn’t change anything.

It’s not a major issue but it’s definitely not right for a brand new MacBook so it does concern me.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 9, 2023 11:39 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Robsmwilson

Robsmwilson wrote:

Has anyone experienced a slow/lagging at the password login stage? It takes about 6 seconds and shows the loading bar when it should be instant (from experience with desktop and my friends comparison). The screen also seems to change brightness for a second.

It’s brand new with nothing on it yet so it’s not a storage issue. Just updated it so it’s not an update issue. Support also advised restarting in safe mode and it didn’t change anything.

It’s not a major issue but it’s definitely not right for a brand new MacBook so it does concern me.

Are you using FileVault...? You can try disabling Filevault and compare your results, report back your findings

Use FileVault to encrypt your Mac startup disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.