You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chart saying I have a malware on my MacBook Pro

screen showing Apple - saying I have a malware

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:44 PM

A lot of such notifications are Phishing Scam messages. See this --> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you'd feel safer, the only maleware checking software which is recommended for Mac is from Malewarebytes. It's still highly unlikely you have anything on your Mac and I'd delete the message and move on.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2022 3:44 PM in response to Bug2121

A lot of such notifications are Phishing Scam messages. See this --> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you'd feel safer, the only maleware checking software which is recommended for Mac is from Malewarebytes. It's still highly unlikely you have anything on your Mac and I'd delete the message and move on.

Jun 28, 2022 5:18 PM in response to Bug2121

Bug2121 wrote:

screen showing Apple - saying I have a malware

? Apple is not going to show you a screen showing you have malware. Full stop.

Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

You can drag this image to your Desktop, look at the details—apply this knowledge to the screen you are referring to. There is nothing about this entire page that is Apple for example:

chart saying I have a malware on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.