You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Factory reset my Ipad

Hi, while I was with my Ex I bought an iPad. For whatever reason it was linked to their Apple ID and password.

I’ve been asking my Ex for some time to log out on the iPad so that I can log in my own Apple ID and password.

my Ex has been unhelpful with this and has left me stranded. I managed to do a factory reset but I am unable to start it with my Apple ID and password because it is linked to my Exs find my iPhone account and even though it is completely reset to zero it is still asking for my Exs Apple ID and password.

is there anybody out there that can help me access my iPad without having to rely on my Ex?

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 6:31 AM

You can't bypass Activation Lock without signing into the Apple ID associated with the device. You can ask the other person to remove the device from their account in their Apple ID settings.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

4 replies

Factory reset my Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.