You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-fi inaccessible Please Help!

I woke up this morning and attempted to connect to wi-fi but found that the wi-fi button was blind and I couldn’t slide it on.

It gave me a link to Network Preferences and then gave me this message ‘ Preferences Error , There was an error in Network preferences.’

I then went into System Preferences>Network and discovered that I got the same message every time I clicked on wi-fi.

I then tried to add another wi-fi connection but then found that it only gave me the choice of Bluetooth and Thunderbolt. I can’t get into Advanced because you need the wi-fi selected to get in there.

I can’t seem to access wi-fi anywhere on the computer.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 2:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 7:17 PM

Adenalik wrote:

I woke up this morning and attempted to connect to wi-fi but found that the wi-fi button was blind and I couldn’t slide it on.
It gave me a link to Network Preferences and then gave me this message ‘ Preferences Error , There was an error in Network preferences.’

I then went into System Preferences>Network and discovered that I got the same message every time I clicked on wi-fi.

I then tried to add another wi-fi connection but then found that it only gave me the choice of Bluetooth and Thunderbolt. I can’t get into Advanced because you need the wi-fi selected to get in there.

Did you try rebooting the computer?

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

If this is your own personal Network—

Try rebooting shutting down you router and / or modem and restarting all.

if it is your service provider or you forgot to pay your bill— Contact your Service Provider for server issue on their end and verify there are no issues beyond your control.

or simply try again later.

or go to the coffee shop and try their WiFi and compare your results.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 18, 2022 7:17 PM in response to Adenalik

Adenalik wrote:

Did you try rebooting the computer?

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

If this is your own personal Network—

Try rebooting shutting down you router and / or modem and restarting all.

if it is your service provider or you forgot to pay your bill— Contact your Service Provider for server issue on their end and verify there are no issues beyond your control.

or simply try again later.

or go to the coffee shop and try their WiFi and compare your results.

Wi-fi inaccessible Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.