You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my saved preset colour corrections not visible in the Final Cut Pro effects browser?

I just saved a preset colour correction, named it and saved it in a folder. When I try and apply the preset color correction to another clip, the folder I created in the effects browser panel is empty.

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2022 6:58 AM

Can you tell us step by step what you did? I suppose that by "folder" you mean "Category".

Normally it should be like this:

1) Make adjustments to the clip

2) Save Effects Preset, choose a name and a Category

3) This preset should appear with the name you chose, in the Category you chose.

If the effect is not there, one common cause may be that some text may have been entered into the search box, and the name of your preset does not match the search text.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2022 6:58 AM in response to Quillnib

Can you tell us step by step what you did? I suppose that by "folder" you mean "Category".

Normally it should be like this:

1) Make adjustments to the clip

2) Save Effects Preset, choose a name and a Category

3) This preset should appear with the name you chose, in the Category you chose.

If the effect is not there, one common cause may be that some text may have been entered into the search box, and the name of your preset does not match the search text.

Why are my saved preset colour corrections not visible in the Final Cut Pro effects browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.