You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with the "screenshot" App

My iMac has an older version operating system (Yosemite) and the utility app installed is "Grab." I really like grab as it is simple and straight forward.

The other day I need to grab a screen shot on my Macbook Air, operating system (Monteray) and the app that is now installed is "screenshot."

Here is my issue:

To open "Screen shot" the Finder window opens up in the center of the screen covering much of the window I would like to take a screen shot of. After "Screenshot opens, the entire screen dims and a crop box show up to the left side of the screen. Because of the dimming of the screen I am unable to close or move the finder window so that I can obtain a clean screen shot of the either selected window or the desired selection in that window. If I select the area with the crop tool, then the saved image has the finder window also in the screen shot, as it should. How do I close the finder window?

Fortunately, I have my desktop mac to fall back on.

What am I missing?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Issues with the "screenshot" App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.