You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper/screensaver “fit to screen” option?

Ventura, 13.2 on my new Mac mini pro M2 and there’s no “fit to screen” for wallpaper north screensaver when selecting something from the photo library at the bottom, right of system, preferences; and defaults to fill screen, and only see part of any picture for desktop/wallpaper or screensaver when using anything from photo library.

Anybody know how to fix this or change both to “fit to screen”? Have they really taken this option away? That’s been available since my 2011 iMac stuck on High Sierra.

You can only select a single picture and right click and set as a desktop, and then you’ll get the options fit to screen, center, and fill screen. But select photo library, favorites, or some album to rotate through the pictures, option to fit to screen is no longer available, and you see a small portion of a picture blown up, which doesn’t look good.

Best, Seth

Mac mini (2023 with M2 Pro)

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 4:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 7:08 PM

Yes, this works if you select only ONE image. However, after doing this the options for "Fit to Screen", etc... are no longer there, if select to rotate an album, Favorites, Library, etc.. Yet, when selecting "Fit to Screen" for ONE image, then selecting to rotate something from the photolibrary, this setting seems to apply. So, to get "Fit to Screen" to work for other selections other than ONE image, apply to one image first, then select what ever you choose; and, whatever was selected for the single image will stick and be applied to what ever is selected in one's photolibrary. I was surprised by this; and, only discovered by accident. I repeated the process selecting different options for displaying and image that one had in previous macOS versions. Very strange; but, it does work. Best, Seth

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2023 7:08 PM in response to dialabrain

Yes, this works if you select only ONE image. However, after doing this the options for "Fit to Screen", etc... are no longer there, if select to rotate an album, Favorites, Library, etc.. Yet, when selecting "Fit to Screen" for ONE image, then selecting to rotate something from the photolibrary, this setting seems to apply. So, to get "Fit to Screen" to work for other selections other than ONE image, apply to one image first, then select what ever you choose; and, whatever was selected for the single image will stick and be applied to what ever is selected in one's photolibrary. I was surprised by this; and, only discovered by accident. I repeated the process selecting different options for displaying and image that one had in previous macOS versions. Very strange; but, it does work. Best, Seth

Wallpaper/screensaver “fit to screen” option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.