You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This Old House App problem on Apple TV

I have the "This Old House App" subscription on my apple tv. It used to work just fine. Now all of a sudden it is a total mess. I have to restart the Apple TV to start to use it. Then I can navigate to the App and select it. That works. I can then select the episode I want to watch and start watching it. Then the trouble begins. I can pause the app and and un pause it but I cannot fast forward or back up. I also cannot quit the episode and select another. I can old escape the app entirely by using the Home button the remote but when I go back and select the This Old House App again it starts right where it was on the same episode. I have to cycle the power to the Apple TV to get it able to select an episode after selecting the app. All other apps work just fine and navigate just fine so it is this app. Also Netflix has started buffering a lot. It will be playing just fine and the just stop with the spinning wheel for anywhere from a minute to half hour. Apple TV movies and Acorn Movies and Hulu Movies never do this. It is not my network it is just the Netflix app.

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 5:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 2:36 AM

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Restarting the device without quitting an app or even deleting an app may retain the bad data that caused the issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2022 2:36 AM in response to jlefevre1

Try this for any misbehaving app:

Restarting the device without quitting an app or even deleting an app may retain the bad data that caused the issue.

Sep 8, 2022 6:55 AM in response to jlefevre1

Same issue that just started a couple weeks ago. It just hangs at the end of playback.. You can exit the app but when you run app again just goes to same place it is hung. I've also killed the app, and I can view video again, but it hangs at end of video as before. I have restarted the apple TV, and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. My conclusion is that they have messed up the app and introduced a bug

This Old House App problem on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.