You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete a child's icloud account?

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can assist. I have had 2 ipads set up for my daughter in the past, they are no longer in use, and I wish to remove them from the family sharing. However these said Ipads have had their passwords and phone numbers changed by my Ex and I can no longer access icloud with them to remove them. I am also at the maximum for family sharing.

How do I set up the new Ipad and link it to the family sharing? Is there a way to delete the old ID's?

Thanks in advance

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:51 AM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2022 10:51 AM in response to I_am_over_technology

Hi I_am_over_technology,

Thanks for posting in Apple Communities.

With child Apple ID accounts, they cannot be removed from Family Sharing. They can only be moved to a different family group. If someone else has access to the Apple IDs on the iPad, the devices can be moved to their Family Sharing group.

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing

Regards.

How do I delete a child's icloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.