You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails on iCLoud

Years of Gmails saved on my computer use up 37GB. How can I move and save them to the Cloud to free up storage space on my macbook? After that, will I still be able to use the Mail app on my laptop?

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 5:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 9:28 AM

Your iCloud storage space won't be reduced even you move mails from gmail account to iCloud account in apple mail application ( IMAP account ) Move or copy emails between mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You kave to reduce mail storage Free up storage space for email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Also reduce iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2022 9:28 AM in response to VH_VH

Your iCloud storage space won't be reduced even you move mails from gmail account to iCloud account in apple mail application ( IMAP account ) Move or copy emails between mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You kave to reduce mail storage Free up storage space for email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Also reduce iCloud storage Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Emails on iCLoud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.