You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I block a Wi-Fi network from appearing?

I am looking to hide a network from appearing on my iPad's settings. I am a software developer and sometimes I need to give demos where I show my settings. Unfortunately, one of my neighbors has an extremely offensive Wi-Fi network name that sometimes appears when I am doing demos or recording tutorials. I really don't want this to appear during conference calls or recordings.

Is there any way I can block this network from appearing in the Networks list?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 6:45 AM

Any WiFi network that is within range of your iPad, that has not been configured at source as a hidden network, will appear in the list of “other networks” in iOS/iPadOS WiFi settings.

Your available options to suppress reception of unwanted WiFi Networks SSIDs are limited. You can either move away from the source - or reduce the signal strength below the detection threshold by blocking the signal with a high density or metallic (i.e., signal reflective) screen. While the latter is technical possible, it is perhaps not feasible.

Alternatively, consider a civil and constructive conversation with your neighbour - in which to explain your difficulty and hopefully reach an appropriate accommodation.

You might also explain to your customers that other unwanted WiFi networks, by their very nature, can sometimes appear in Network Lists. With appropriate explanation, most will understand that short of operating in a controlled “radio quiet” test environment, you have no control over networks (and network names) that might be received.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2022 6:45 AM in response to esteshm

Any WiFi network that is within range of your iPad, that has not been configured at source as a hidden network, will appear in the list of “other networks” in iOS/iPadOS WiFi settings.

Your available options to suppress reception of unwanted WiFi Networks SSIDs are limited. You can either move away from the source - or reduce the signal strength below the detection threshold by blocking the signal with a high density or metallic (i.e., signal reflective) screen. While the latter is technical possible, it is perhaps not feasible.

Alternatively, consider a civil and constructive conversation with your neighbour - in which to explain your difficulty and hopefully reach an appropriate accommodation.

You might also explain to your customers that other unwanted WiFi networks, by their very nature, can sometimes appear in Network Lists. With appropriate explanation, most will understand that short of operating in a controlled “radio quiet” test environment, you have no control over networks (and network names) that might be received.

Can I block a Wi-Fi network from appearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.