You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Web Page into Pages

I'm a self-publisher who's trying to figure out the best way to create epubs and paperbacks.

My editors all use Mickeysoft Word, so I had to install that on my laptop. I discovered a really slick way of copying a manuscript into Word.

First, I copy the text from an epub I created with a software program called Sigil and paste it into an HTML file. Next, I put all the images in a folder so they display correctly. I can then view the file in a browser, copy the entire thing and paste it into Word. The text and images are both copied into Word, and about 80-90% of the styles are preserved.

I decided it's time to learn how to use Pages, but I discovered that the above trick doesn't work. When I copy everything on a web page and paste it into pages, all that appears is a couple lines of text.

So my question is, what's the best way to import a file - including images - into Pages?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 4:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 4:56 AM

Word can input and save HTML content with its own styling added. Purposely designed to do that. Pages is neither a Word clone, nor was it designed to accept HTML/CSS content gracefully, and can mess up. Pages does not have an HTML/CSS export feature.

Pages translates Word documents when opened, and when exported back to Word. Apple does not guarantee that this translation process is accurate, or will appear the same when opened in MS Word.

It is not time to learn Pages if your editors use Word and expect a native Word document workflow.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 13, 2022 4:56 AM in response to AppleOso

Word can input and save HTML content with its own styling added. Purposely designed to do that. Pages is neither a Word clone, nor was it designed to accept HTML/CSS content gracefully, and can mess up. Pages does not have an HTML/CSS export feature.

Pages translates Word documents when opened, and when exported back to Word. Apple does not guarantee that this translation process is accurate, or will appear the same when opened in MS Word.

It is not time to learn Pages if your editors use Word and expect a native Word document workflow.

Importing Web Page into Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.