You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use the Fitness App without Apple Watch iOS 16

Using iPhone 13 Mini with iOS 16.

I have read widely that in iOS 16, the Fitness app supports a single red Ring for tracking your movement using the iPhone's sensors itself.

I have recently given my Apple Watch to my wife and no longer have the watch paired, and I expected to see a single red ring in the Fitness app after upgrading to iOS 16. However, the app is still showing 3 rings and they are all "grayed".

I have verified that in Privacy & Security / Location Services / System Services that ALL switches are "1".

Suggestions so that I can start using the iPhone as my 'health tracking device' as shown by so many others?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 5:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 6:25 AM

Apple Fitness+ - Apple

In the Apple Fitness page, it says you must have an Apple Watch to use.

That being said, it also says that with iOS 16.1 you won't need an Apple Watch to use the Fitness App.

Similar questions

2 replies

Use the Fitness App without Apple Watch iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.