You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar not working

Hello, after the latest update for Monterey 12.6 and iOS 15.7 I am unable to connect my Mac mini to my iPad with sidecar. Both devices:

• are compatible with Sidecar
  • are connected to the same Wi-Fi
  • have Handoff turned on
  • have Bluetooth turned on
  • have the same Apple ID

And before the update it was working perfectly, but not anymore. Any suggestions how to resolve it? Thank you.

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 9:56 PM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Mortt

Hello Mortt,

Sidecar is a great feature and it sounds as though you've reviewed the following article to verify the system requirements and ensuring Sidecar is set up properly.

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac

If so, we'll need to isolate the issue further to ensure the right steps are taken from here to reach a resolution. If you haven't already, create a test admin user account on your Mac and log in to that user to see if Sidecar works as expected. You can find the steps for creating a test admin user account listed below.

1. Click the Apple logo towards the top-left, followed by System Preferences
  2. Click Users & Groups.
  3. Click the padlock icon, then enter the current admin user account login information.
  4. Once unlocked, click the (+) and follow the prompts to create a new admin user.
  5. After the test user is created, click the Apple logo towards the top-left.
  6. Then click Log Out [current user].
  7. Sign in to the test user, and see if Sidecar works as expected.

Let us know the results!

Sidecar not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.