You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add contact to group text. my phone didn’t have the solution shown

i have an iphone 12. i want to add someone to an already existing group chat. i looked up a solution at support.apple but my phone doesn’t have the solution that is shown.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

i have an iphone 12. i want to add someone to an already existing group chat. i looked up a solution at support.apple but my phone doesn’t have the solution that is shown.

Read the first 2 bullets of this link Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Th15_I5MyU53rNam3

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

Read the first 2 bullets of this link Add and remove people in group text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Sep 27, 2022 11:48 AM in response to Th15_I5MyU53rNam3

Th15_I5MyU53rNam3 wrote:

so it’s my friends fault for having a non apple phone and apples fault for not playing well with others. thnx apple. just one more reason i’m starting to really not like apple anymore

End-to-end encrypted iMessages are only available for iPhones, because it's an Apple service.

As for "not playing well with others", you can still have group chats with non-Apple devices. You just need to delete and re-make the group as SMS/MMS (green bubble) and add them in.

add contact to group text. my phone didn’t have the solution shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.