You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

send Apple Numbers spreadsheet via text message or Apple Messages

Can you help me send files such as Apple Numbers spreadsheets via text message? I see a red exclamation point and an error message that says: "Not Delivered."

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2022 3:48 PM

You appear to be sending it to someone without an Apple device so it is going SMS.

I have had attachments sometimes not send via SMS (really MMS). I normally see it with pictures, so I assume it might be a size issue. Different cellular carriers have different size limits for texts, so what might work to some people may not work for all.

But, I am not really sure why it doesn't send.

A Numbers spreadsheet isn't a file. It is really a folder with files inside. That may be why it doesn't send via SMS.

Is the spreadsheet just data, without any formulas that need to be sent? You can export it to CSV format and might be able to send that.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2022 3:48 PM in response to greathornedowl

You appear to be sending it to someone without an Apple device so it is going SMS.

I have had attachments sometimes not send via SMS (really MMS). I normally see it with pictures, so I assume it might be a size issue. Different cellular carriers have different size limits for texts, so what might work to some people may not work for all.

But, I am not really sure why it doesn't send.

A Numbers spreadsheet isn't a file. It is really a folder with files inside. That may be why it doesn't send via SMS.

Is the spreadsheet just data, without any formulas that need to be sent? You can export it to CSV format and might be able to send that.

send Apple Numbers spreadsheet via text message or Apple Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.