You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple IDs, one phone... is this possible?

Does anyone know how to create multiple Apple IDs with a single phone number? Can I use some other way to do 2FA (text isn't great regardless)? I need to have a work and personal account, but only have one phone!

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 12:12 PM

UPDATE: Okay, I've sorted it. The problem was actually something I was told via Apple (phone) support that was incorrect. Well that and some unusually bad UX from Apple (I'm a UX designer... but the sign up process has a _lot_ of rough edges. I've noted about six down for my blog!!)

Anyway, I was using the right dialling code, but wrong country (it didn't change the dialling code country to match the Country I'd suggested, but the code it suggested was correct!) for the form, and I had been told I couldn't use a single number for two accounts when in fact.. I can! 😱 And let's not start on the forced type-over in the number box... Anyway, please close this as answered, if that's possible!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2022 12:12 PM in response to Retne

UPDATE: Okay, I've sorted it. The problem was actually something I was told via Apple (phone) support that was incorrect. Well that and some unusually bad UX from Apple (I'm a UX designer... but the sign up process has a _lot_ of rough edges. I've noted about six down for my blog!!)

Anyway, I was using the right dialling code, but wrong country (it didn't change the dialling code country to match the Country I'd suggested, but the code it suggested was correct!) for the form, and I had been told I couldn't use a single number for two accounts when in fact.. I can! 😱 And let's not start on the forced type-over in the number box... Anyway, please close this as answered, if that's possible!

Multiple IDs, one phone... is this possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.