You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No search bar on iTunes store for mac 12.3.1 (Monterey)

I have been spending too much time trying to figure out how to search for songs on iTunes with OS Monterey. On Apple Music, there are no choices (Library, Music, iTunes), and once I go into iTunes, there is no search bar. I have done everything that previous posters on this subject have tried - I signed out and then in to my Apple account, there is no backwards arrow on the main page. I would like to spend some money at Apple's site, but am unable to do (should I switch to Amazon Music?). Here is what my iTunes Store looks like. Thank you in advance for any help.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 3:24 PM

Quit Music and then try the following that works for me.

I open the Music app.

I click in the search box at the top of the sidebar.

I click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window,

I type Adele in the search box in the side bar and press return key.

Music 1.2.5.7 and every previous version of Music that I've used.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 2, 2022 3:24 PM in response to sus453

Quit Music and then try the following that works for me.

I open the Music app.

I click in the search box at the top of the sidebar.

I click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window,

I type Adele in the search box in the side bar and press return key.

Music 1.2.5.7 and every previous version of Music that I've used.

Oct 2, 2022 12:44 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for that information. I did that. The problem is not that I can't go to iTunes Store, it's that there is no search box in iTunes Store. The search in the Music player will only search iTunes Store if it is an artist of a store that isn't already in my library. For example, if I wanted to search for another version of a song or for an artist whose song is already in my library, it jut goes to the library. If I click iTunes Store, the screen that you see in my first post is the same.

Oct 2, 2022 12:55 PM in response to sus453

I have no issues searching the iTunes Store in the Music app. After you click Hide Playing Next, click in the search box in the sidebar, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window, and then use the search box in the sidebar. It searches the iTunes Store with no issues for me.

re: "And I wonder why Apple would take away their search box for iTunes. Unless they're just trying to funnel us all into Apple Music, it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint."

They didn't take it away -- use the search box in the sidebar after clicking iTunes Store at the top right of the main window.

Oct 2, 2022 1:31 PM in response to FoxFifth

FoxFifth, I appreciate you taking the time for helping me, and I'm glad that it works for you, but for me (Music 1.2.3.56), if I press, for example, "Adele" (who I have no music by), it says, "No results found for "Adele" in your Library. If I press iTunes Store on the rignt, it goes to the generic iTunes page with no search box (as in the photo I shared above). If I press iTunes Store before typing in Adele, it will give me the no results in my Library.

No search bar on iTunes store for mac 12.3.1 (Monterey)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.