You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Easiest way to transfer everything from my 2014 Retina Macbook Pro to a new replacement.

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro running Mojave but I am about to upgrade to a new model. What I'd like to do is effectively clone my old Mac to my new, transferring all the files, photos, settings and accounts etc. I have the old Mac fully backed up with Time Machine. If I restore from Time Machine onto the new Macbook - will it clone the entire thing, including Mojave - or will it retain Monterrey or Ventura when I restore/clone from my old Mac? Ideally I don't want to go back and reinstall any versions of OSX when I switch from the old to the new machine. Any advice gratefully received - thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 6:35 AM

Use Migration Manager, here is the link for more information

Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Easiest way to transfer everything from my 2014 Retina Macbook Pro to a new replacement.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.