You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages on Mac

I'm looking for a way to enlarge photos I get through text messages on the Messages application on my Mac. Double clicking opens up the preview window and shows images in the same size. There's an option to add it to photos but I don't want to do that with most pictures I get by text. Is there a way to make the images bigger so I can look closer at them?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 6:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 9:22 PM

You can't make the file size bigger, but you can maximise the display size on your Mac. Preview has a minimise and maximise icon (- and + in a magnifying glass) which zooms the image in or out incrementally.

Preview > View > Enter Full Screen will also present the image in a larger display using all of the screen.

You can also click on the green button on the top left of the Preview window.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2022 9:22 PM in response to Jxr182

You can't make the file size bigger, but you can maximise the display size on your Mac. Preview has a minimise and maximise icon (- and + in a magnifying glass) which zooms the image in or out incrementally.

Preview > View > Enter Full Screen will also present the image in a larger display using all of the screen.

You can also click on the green button on the top left of the Preview window.

Messages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.