You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro log in

at the log in page, I click my name, not Guest user.

next page isn’t normal because my keyboard is frozen so I can’t type password, also at bottom of page I see 3 items a sleep button, restart button and a shut down button.

i have tried multiple times to restart/reboot with no success

help

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 5:14 AM

Newbie151 wrote:

next page isn’t normal because my keyboard is frozen so I can’t type password, also at bottom of page I see 3 items a sleep button, restart button and a shut down button.

help

Is the keyboard frozen in all instances...?

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

If it is a hardware issue try plugging in an external keyboard and compare your results.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2022 5:14 AM in response to Newbie151

Newbie151 wrote:

help

Is the keyboard frozen in all instances...?

SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

If it is a hardware issue try plugging in an external keyboard and compare your results.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mac Book Pro log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.