You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 is recording standing minutes incorrectly

Last two weeks my Apple Watch has been claiming that I'm standing all the time when the watch is on my wrist. When it's in the charger, there are no standing minutes for that time. So that makes average of 1222 minutes and 23 hours per day. The issue started after an update, and the new update (watchOS 9.1) didn't fix the issue. Haven't tried yet to reset the watch to the factory settings, if there is something else I could try first. Otherwise the training and health app seems to be functioning correctly, steps for example seem reasonable.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 2:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 8:32 AM

If doing a forced restart doesn't work (hold in the side button and digital crown for 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo, then release)

Then if it were myself I'd unpair the watch from the iPhone, reboot the phone then pair the watch back setting it up as new.

2 replies

Apple Watch 6 is recording standing minutes incorrectly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.