You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a hardshell cover for MacBook Air M2 (2022) yet?

I just got a new MacBook Air M2 (2022) from work and I can't find a Hardshell cover online... Where can I find hardshell covers for this modle (witch 13.6 inch)?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 4:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 5:18 AM

I would not use a hardshell. The new MacBook Air has no fans and relies on heat to be transferred to the case and then the environment to cool off. Putting a hard shell case on it is like putting an overcoat on it holding in the heat in since plastic is a very good heat insulator.

For carrying around, there are plenty of nice sleeves to put you Mac into with soft non-scuff linings.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2022 5:18 AM in response to MikeNFX3

I would not use a hardshell. The new MacBook Air has no fans and relies on heat to be transferred to the case and then the environment to cool off. Putting a hard shell case on it is like putting an overcoat on it holding in the heat in since plastic is a very good heat insulator.

For carrying around, there are plenty of nice sleeves to put you Mac into with soft non-scuff linings.

Is there a hardshell cover for MacBook Air M2 (2022) yet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.