You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an older charging adapter for my new iPhone 14 Pro Max?

Does the new charging transformer with new smaller plug need to be used on I phone 14 max instead of the older system

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 11:34 AM

You can use the power adapter and cable from previous phones. See the following from Buy iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones, which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2022 11:34 AM in response to AllantE1

You can use the power adapter and cable from previous phones. See the following from Buy iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones, which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase.

Oct 30, 2022 7:34 AM in response to AllantE1

You’re referring to the newer USB-C power adaptors.

Fundamentally they are not “different” from the older USB-A adaptors … it’s a DC power source …

… However they ARE more complex AND they DO come in a wide range of outputs to supply many devices and negotiate the variable DC-voltage power-delivery protocol with the powered device.

A 20w USB-C adapter can charge ANY iPhone at up to the phone’s “maximum charge acceptance rate.”

Can I use an older charging adapter for my new iPhone 14 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.