You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iTunes music library to my iPhone

Hi, When I connect my iphone13 pro to iTunes via USB on my iMac, running Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.7, it requires me to go to the Finder and set up my iPhone. Either as new one or from an old backup on my mac from 2017. I have iCloud backup that is more recent, but doesn't show in my iMac. I have this iPhone for a year and it was set up when I bought it at the Apple store. I never connected it to iTunes before now. I don't need to set up the iPhone, but Finder and iTunes do not recognize it. What should I do? All I want to do is share or transfer my personal music that I have uploaded in iTunes to my iPhone so I can listen to the music on the go.

I don't want to subscribe to apple music I don't need it. I have a big personal library on my mac that I would like to share with myself on my iPhone!!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 9:06 AM

Use the set up as new device option. By itself it doesn't make any changes to the device, but gives permission for your computer to connect to it, and then select content that you want to sync to it. Syncing will replace/remove any existing media on the device.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Transfer iTunes music library to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.