You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No more earphones

Hello, I have a problem: I can charge my phone through the charging hole, but I can’t put my earplugs in it to listen to music, it’s like my phone CAN connect with the charger, but CAN’T connect with my apple wired earphones, pls help

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 1:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 4:58 AM

first thing I would try would be to reverse the connector to see if that works, if not then I would try the headset with another ios device to see if it works there and maybe another headset with your ios device to see which is the culprit

could be

dirt or lint in the ios devices port when that happen to me I clear it out with a match

or toothpick

a defect cable, testing with another cable could show if it is so

a defect port in the ios device

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2022 4:58 AM in response to Sethhvh

first thing I would try would be to reverse the connector to see if that works, if not then I would try the headset with another ios device to see if it works there and maybe another headset with your ios device to see which is the culprit

could be

dirt or lint in the ios devices port when that happen to me I clear it out with a match

or toothpick

a defect cable, testing with another cable could show if it is so

a defect port in the ios device

No more earphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.