You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way for me to transfer email from my ipad to another device without using WiFi?

Is there any way for me to transfer a few thousand emails from my iPad to another device without using WiFi?

In the process of cleaning up email on my MacBook using Mailstrom, all of my old Gmail was instantly deleted. I checked my iPad and saw mail disappearing, so quickly shut off WiFi and the deleting stopped.

I want to save all that old mail, but don't want to turn WiFi back on to do so, assuming mail will be deleted. Is there any way to do this - other than doing a screenshot of each message?

Thank you.

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 6:28 AM

As described, your email messages were (or have been) deleted from your Gmail account - and message deletion from the iPad was being synchronised via IMAP.

You best approach to recovering your deleted mail messages is to recover your email at source. This Google Mail page describes the recovery process:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7401

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 16, 2022 6:28 AM in response to Kavacat

As described, your email messages were (or have been) deleted from your Gmail account - and message deletion from the iPad was being synchronised via IMAP.

You best approach to recovering your deleted mail messages is to recover your email at source. This Google Mail page describes the recovery process:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7401

Nov 16, 2022 7:18 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks- but this happened over 30 days ago, and actually, as I recall, when the messages were abruptly deleted (?via Mailstrom?) they did not appear in Trash, so they couldn't be recovered at the time.

The odd part about this is that I didn't intend to delete ALL the mail - was going through the process slowly so as to save important messages. Not sure why the ALL disappeared so suddenly. I've contacted Mailstrom.

is there any way for me to transfer email from my ipad to another device without using WiFi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.