You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to print from Mac running Ventura

hello

im find universal drivers for Samsung scx-3400 printer

Mac see it but when I try to do something it show me - filter fail

Maybe somebody know how to fix or have solution with it ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2022 6:23 AM

6 replies

Nov 23, 2022 4:33 PM in response to notnow2000

Hi notnow2000,

If you're having print issues, we'd recommend following all of the steps outlined here in this article to help resolve it: Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

The first things in the article to try would be this:

"Solve printing problems on Mac

If you’re having trouble printing, first try these suggestions:

• If your printer is connected to your Mac, make sure the printer cable is firmly connected, and the printer is plugged into an electrical outlet, and turned on.

• If the printer is on the network, make sure your Mac and the printer are still on the same network, the printer is turned on, and the network isn’t experiencing problems. If the network has multiple printers, check which printer you chose—it may be different from the one you think you chose.

• If you use a shared printer connected to another Mac, make sure the Mac has macOS 10.5 or later installed, isn’t in sleep, and has sharing turned on. See Share your printer.

• If your printer is connected to your computer’s USB port, check the System Report to see that it has an active connection. Press and hold Option, then choose Apple menu  > System Information. If the printer’s name appears in the hardware list but the printer doesn’t work, review the printer’s documentation for further troubleshooting information.
  • If you still can’t print, see the additional troubleshooting information below.

"

After you try those, complete the other steps to see if this is resolved. If not, you may need to reach out to Samsung for further support: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Cheers.

Nov 24, 2022 8:04 AM in response to notnow2000

Hi,

Are you using the latest (September 29, 2022) V3.93.06 Samsung universal print driver (for macOS 12)?

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.06.dmg

Did you test something from an SCX-3400 folder (see the picture in this post about the earlier version 03)?

Did you also try to choose another printer model (such as the M2070)?

Have you tried to reset the printing system and re-add the printer?

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Dec 29, 2022 7:01 AM in response to notnow2000

I have same printer and the only fix was as following:

• Download and install the V3.93.06 Samsung universal print driver .
  • then before adding the printer download and install the older version V3.93.01 above the newer one.
  • now add the printer and select M2070 driver from the software list.
  • profit!

Fix it ended here, the rest is only my experience! :)

You may ask why installing both and even the older over the newer? The problem was in my case on M1 mini Ventura 13.1 that if I installed only the older .01 then the drivers wouldn’t show up in the software list when adding the printer, and if I only installed the newer .06 then I would be able to select the software M2070 but if I tried to print something the printer would freeze and the app would stuck and freeze forcing me to force close it. So the only solution was to install the new so I can select the software but replace it with the older.

Hope it helps the others too.

Dec 23, 2022 2:05 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

hey there

I install V3.93.06 Samsung universal print driver but it doesn't help me

then try same action with driver from printer model (such as the M2070) - same situation

interesting that scanner work correctly but in inform menu of printer number of version always stay 3.93 (like in pic) regardless of instal driver

in second pic is a error appears when I try to print

Unable to print from Mac running Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.