You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard not charging my ipad with 3rd party adapters.

I have an Apple Magic Keyboard for my iPad Air (5th Gen). I bought a Belkin charger (20w) - 3rd party adapter. I am using the original USB C cable provided by Apple for my iPad Air.

I’ve plugged in the charging cable into my Magic Keyboard and immediately it says “not charging” and it then un-recognise my Magic Keyboard. I then need to remove the ipad away from the keyboard and snap it back to reconnect again.

When I use an Apple adapter and plug the USB C cable into my Magic Keyboard, the ipad charges without any issue.

It goes without saying, when I plug my USB C cable from Belkin adapter directly into the ipad, it charges without any issue too.

Is there something wrong with my Magic Keyboard? I just bought this device less than a week ago. I was thinking of sending it back to Apple shop. Surely it can’t be that it works only with Apple provide adapter? It’s like saying I cannot charge my ipad without a proper Apple adapter.

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 5:39 AM

2 replies

Magic Keyboard not charging my ipad with 3rd party adapters.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.