You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Notes

I think this is really silly that Apple of all companies wouldn't have a reset feature for this. People forget passwords all the time and having a lock feature in Notes is smart and hence why I chose to use it.

In 2022, there isn't a feature where I could unlock. Please make it make sense.

This really sucks to know I can't get my locked notes back :(

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 9:34 AM

Hello ~ In this Apple article How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support* it clearly states the following…

*Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

You may leave feedback for Apple here…

Product Feedback - Apple

I am sorry that you find yourself in this situation but you can still keep trying to unlock them but you will have to remember the password that you set.

~Katana-San~

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Megxek

Hello ~ In this Apple article How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support* it clearly states the following…

*Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

You may leave feedback for Apple here…

Product Feedback - Apple

I am sorry that you find yourself in this situation but you can still keep trying to unlock them but you will have to remember the password that you set.

~Katana-San~

Locked Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.