You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Filmic pro subscription

Hi All,

So I'm curious about how this company locked down the app behind a pay wall. I bought the app a year ago full price for iPhone, and now that they updated to version 7, everything is now locked unless you pay a price. I'm all for supporting developers, but my needs aren't that specific or demanded - i'm just a hobbyist. I bought the app, and would expect to use the legacy features until the app is no longer running. I understand there would be no updates to fix broken features or even gain new ones. I just want the app I paid for and use it to its end.

Is this even allowed by developers? Allow users to purchase the app, and then turn their backs to a subscription? This doesn't seem fair, nor right to do.

I remember an app that did the exact same thing, and then Apple made them reverse their decision to provide the paid features.

Thank you for your time!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2022 9:30 AM

I bought the app a year ago full price

An app with Offers In-App Purchases always / often has a subscription.

An annual subscription is valid for one year.

If you are talking about this app, the app is Free with Offers In-App Purchases, see:

5 replies

Jan 25, 2023 10:49 AM in response to groovdafied

I totally agree! ! ! This is a scam on behalf of Filmic Pro. At no time did I receive an option on my phone giving me a choice to update. It should have been my decision. There has been a lateral shift in the use and ability to export files from the earlier version. When we purchased the original app this was exporting files was part of it. This lateral shift has impacted my use of Filmic Pro. I should not have to pay for a subscription should I want to export files that I originally had a right to do. This should be brought up to the Attorney General of your state and a civil suit should be pressed.

Every video editing app and software out there now wants to make money and they are looking for all ways to put it on the user. If a civil suit doesn't work then I say boycott Filmic Pro. Pass the word!

Filmic pro subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.