You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there DVD/CD readers to fit the MacBook Pro 16 inch Ventura?

My MacBook Pro requires an external hard drive to use cd/dvd.

My ex.harddrive I bought for my previous MacBP says it needs power when I hook it up to the accessary that supposedly converts the available drives into USB drives.

What is wrong with this picture?

Will any port converter provide power to my

cd writer/reader?

Sue

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 9:24 PM

The Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter provides sufficient power.

Related: How to connect the Apple USB SuperDrive - Apple Support

The following reply (from “j5create team”) appears to indicate potential power issues with at least some of the related USB-C to USB-A adapters:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/j5create-usb-type-c-triple-display-docking-station/6357396/question/1416e4a8-ebe5-3019-82a6-f8adf2dfaa6c

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 9:24 PM in response to SueLB

The Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter provides sufficient power.

Related: How to connect the Apple USB SuperDrive - Apple Support

The following reply (from “j5create team”) appears to indicate potential power issues with at least some of the related USB-C to USB-A adapters:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/j5create-usb-type-c-triple-display-docking-station/6357396/question/1416e4a8-ebe5-3019-82a6-f8adf2dfaa6c

Dec 21, 2022 5:55 PM in response to SueLB

Hi SueLB,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

If you are looking for an optical CD/DVD drive that is compatible with your MacBook Pro, we can suggest checking out the Apple USB SuperDrive. It was designed to work with portable Mac computers that do not have a built-in drive. While you might need an adapter if your computer only has USB-C ports, it is compatible with 2008 MacBook computers and later.

To find out more information and order one, you can visit Apple USB SuperDrive - Apple.

Best!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.