You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID issue

On my iPhone 13 Pro, Face ID has recently stopped working correctly. It stopped recognizing my face and required my passcode. I tried to reset my Face ID only to not get the circular prompt to turn my head etc. After several attempts I finally got the proper face prompt and was able to restore my Face ID.

Unfortunately the restoration only lasted a few hours and my phone reverted to not recognizing my face. I’m running iOS 16.1.1. Is there a fix out there?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 7:30 PM

Starranger00 Said:

"Face ID issue: On my iPhone 13 Pro, Face ID has recently stopped working correctly. It stopped recognizing my face and required my passcode.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 7:30 PM in response to Starranger00

Starranger00 Said:

"Face ID issue: On my iPhone 13 Pro, Face ID has recently stopped working correctly. It stopped recognizing my face and required my passcode.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

Face ID issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.