You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to add touch id

I tried all the steps that are instructed here to setup touch id properly. My current Mac OS version is Ventura 13.1. After updating, the touch Id stopped working. So I deleted the previous touch ids and tried to add again. But it shows an error... " unable to add touch id. Try again later".

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:04 PM

shailyroy15 wrote:

I tried all the steps that are instructed here to setup touch id properly. My current Mac OS version is Ventura 13.1. After updating, the touch Id stopped working. So I deleted the previous touch ids and tried to add again. But it shows an error... " unable to add touch id. Try again later".

Well, it sounds like it could be hardware issue...

See if you can run the user Diagnostic:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

May kick out an error code. Report back

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2022 6:04 PM in response to shailyroy15

shailyroy15 wrote:

Well, it sounds like it could be hardware issue...

See if you can run the user Diagnostic:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

May kick out an error code. Report back

Failed to add touch id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.