You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?

I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode.

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:41 PM

Fortnite_ios1 Said:

"Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?: I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode."

-------

Why Passwords are Required:

For ID Security & Privacy Purposes: Apple Pay Security and Privacy Overview - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Fortnite_ios1

Fortnite_ios1 Said:

"Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?: I should only have to have a password on my wallet and not on my entire phone. That way, only the things I really want secured like my wallet and passwords require my passcode."

-------

Why Passwords are Required:

For ID Security & Privacy Purposes: Apple Pay Security and Privacy Overview - Apple Support

Why do I need a password for my phone in order to use the Apple wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.