You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Username

Hi!

Is there any way I could change my macbook username (the one that is also shown on the home folder)?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:41 AM

EdyEdward11 wrote:

Hi!

Is there any way I could change my macbook username (the one that is also shown on the home folder)?

It is not recommended a lot can go wrong.

You are better off / safer to simply create new user w/admin privledges account with the name you prefer to see, and move your files over to the new user/admin account via File Sharing.

Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

I have seen many issues here—

Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2022 9:41 AM in response to EdyEdward11

EdyEdward11 wrote:

Hi!

It is not recommended a lot can go wrong.

You are better off / safer to simply create new user w/admin privledges account with the name you prefer to see, and move your files over to the new user/admin account via File Sharing.

Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

Set up file sharing on Mac - Apple Support

I have seen many issues here—

Change the name of your macOS user account and home folder

Username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.