You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deactivate old phone but I can’t see anything

I dropped my phone in water. My screen is completely black and the whole phone is fried but I still get notifications on the old phone. I just got a new phone but I’m trying to deactivate the old phone but I can’t see anything. How do I fix this pls?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:14 PM

1. Take the SIM card out of the old phone
  2. See→Deregister iMessage on your iPhone or online - Apple Support
  3. Follow these instructions→What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2 replies

Jan 7, 2023 6:10 PM in response to alaq81

alaq81 Said:

"Deactivate old phone but I can’t see anything: I dropped my phone in water. My screen is completely black and the whole phone is fried but I still get notifications on the old phone. I just got a new phone but I’m trying to deactivate the old phone but I can’t see anything. How do I fix this pls?"

-------

Extracting Water:

Take it to a Retailer:

The only inexpensive way I can think of(and it will cost money) is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

Deactivate old phone but I can’t see anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.