You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID problems

i have recently gotten a iPhone xr from my aunt who passed away. i cannot get into the phone while i turn on the phone it asked for her apple ID and password as part of the activation lock. I have tried setting it up with my old iphone and transferring the information, but as you could guess it still did not go through. should i just throw the iphone away or is there something i can do to open it?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 4:22 PM

myphoneneedsfixed Said:

"Apple ID problems: i have recently gotten a iPhone xr from my aunt who passed away. [...]should i just throw the iphone away or is there something i can do to open it?"

-------

Getting Deceased Person's Info:

If one passes away, then contact the site, informing them of this issue. Here is where you would go for AppleHow to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 18, 2023 4:22 PM in response to myphoneneedsfixed

myphoneneedsfixed Said:

"Apple ID problems: i have recently gotten a iPhone xr from my aunt who passed away. [...]should i just throw the iphone away or is there something i can do to open it?"

-------

Getting Deceased Person's Info:

If one passes away, then contact the site, informing them of this issue. Here is where you would go for AppleHow to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Support

Apple ID problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.