You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crop multiple images in preview

I can't find the correct answer to this issue. I would like to open multiple images (I have hundreds to do), as tabs in preview, use the marquee to select, then select all of the images and crop.

The issue is that even with all of them selected, it is only cropping the active image.

The "edit size" has not worked, as I only need to crop horizontally, and that option distorts the image.

The next issue I am running into is that when closing the document, it is asking me to select save for every single image. This is taking me forever! HELP!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 7:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 6:04 PM

This is exactly what I did, and it wouldn't crop. It just adjusted to a smaller width, which skewed the images.

And it is still asking me to save every single one.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 3, 2023 4:35 PM in response to Serene

Serene wrote:

I can't find the correct answer to this issue. I would like to open multiple images (I have hundreds to do), as tabs in preview, use the marquee to select, then select all of the images and crop.
The issue is that even with all of them selected, it is only cropping the active image.
The "edit size" has not worked, as I only need to crop horizontally, and that option distorts the image.

The next issue I am running into is that when closing the document, it is asking me to select save for every single image. This is taking me forever! HELP!

To batch convert all images need to be the same size in Preview.app

Preview>Settings>Images>Open all Images in one Window

Preview>View>Show Thumbnails in sidebar... Command A is select all

Preview>Tools>Adjust Size

ref:

Preview User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Crop multiple images in preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.