You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod

How do you sync up the new Home Pod to the Home Pod mini?

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 5:37 PM

You can AirPlay to both and it will play in sync but cannot stereo pair different models

“Pair two HomePod mini, two HomePod (1st generation), or two HomePod (2nd generation) speakers”

Set up a HomePod stereo pair - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 10, 2023 8:16 AM in response to Vancouver22

Another thing you can do if you have multiple HomePods like me, is to create a zone that will regroup various rooms. For instance in my case I created a zone called "Zone principale" which in English translate to main zone. In that zone I added the following rooms:

– Kitchen

– Dining room

– Bar

– Living room

So when I ask Siri to play music in the main zone, it plays on all the available HomePod minis and HomePod second generation. However, as it was previously mentioned, you cannot create a stereo of different kind of HomePods or generation.

You can find the information about rooms and zones here:

Add an accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

Take care!

HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.