You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Product infomation on AppleCare agreement

I just purchase a new MBP 14 today.

The spec is 14-inch MacBook Pro - Space Gray MBP 14 SG/12C/30C GPU/32G/1T-USA. I purchase the computer at store and add AppleCare+ at the same time.

But the appleCare agreement show that the product info wrong as:MBP 14 SG/12C/19C GPU/16G/1T

Not Sure what happen there. The serial number is the same and the machine itself's spec is correct, just the spec on the agreement get wrong.

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:04 PM

LumiN0va Said:

"Wrong Product infomation on AppleCare agreement: [...]The serial number is the same and the machine itself's spec is correct, just the spec on the agreement get wrong."

-------

Troubleshooting Device Inconsistencies:

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. You should not be getting this message, if they have already been repaired. If these are used, then that may be why this is occurring. Provide them with the serial number, when calling.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 9:04 PM in response to LumiN0va

LumiN0va Said:

"Wrong Product infomation on AppleCare agreement: [...]The serial number is the same and the machine itself's spec is correct, just the spec on the agreement get wrong."

-------

Troubleshooting Device Inconsistencies:

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. You should not be getting this message, if they have already been repaired. If these are used, then that may be why this is occurring. Provide them with the serial number, when calling.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Feb 7, 2023 9:42 PM in response to LumiN0va

LumiN0va Said:

"Wrong Product infomation on AppleCare agreement: it is not used.: I purchase it today at Apple UTC at La Jolla. The AppleCare+ and the device is purchase at the same time. Not sure what happen"

-------

Verifying a Genuine iPhone:

See what Apple's Site Shows:

Enter the iPhone's Serial Number at this link: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. If this shows up as an iPhone, then this is original.

Wrong Product infomation on AppleCare agreement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.