You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email

On my MacBook some emails only display 'This message is from a mailing list' and will not display the content. If I look at the same message on my iPhone it is there. How can I get the MacBook to show the contents?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 7:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 7:34 AM

Indithedog wrote:

On my MacBook some emails only display 'This message is from a mailing list' and will not display the content. If I look at the same message on my iPhone it is there. How can I get the MacBook to show the contents?

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable one or all:

“Protect Mail Activity”

“Hide IP address”

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2023 7:34 AM in response to Indithedog

Indithedog wrote:

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy disable one or all:

“Protect Mail Activity”

“Hide IP address”

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Feb 20, 2023 3:31 PM in response to Indithedog

Indithedog wrote:

Leroy, I think it has worked! At least I have downloaded some of the messages so thank you so much. This won't compromise my privacy or protection I hope?

I never had an issue feeling like my privacy was compromised before or after these features were added in Monterey and now Ventura Mail.app— all I have seen in these forums are complication like your original post...

I never have never turned any of these "bells & whistles" on and will not turn them on.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.